The Citizen Action Project (CAP) is a multi-stakeholder Namibian initiative that aims to lead digital trends in politics, not follow them. We secure concrete commitments from all citizens and private sector entities to collaborate and form a united movement towards a government that promotes transparency, empowers citizens, fights corruption, and harnesses new technologies to strengthen governance.
CAP is transforming Namibian society into embracing open governance to improve and support our environmental, economic and political systems to work for all of us. The guiding motto: I am Namibia
CAP is a linked Think-Tank network of Namibia Citizens committed to help government work better for people through transparency, participation and accountability and who collectively generate and exchange ideas to implement innovations for Namibia’s society.
CAP introduces alternative and interactive democratic participatory mechanisms to engage more Namibians within a civic activist culture as well as enhancing citizen’s access to public information.
To that end, CAP advocates a civic culture among politicians where all arguments and decisions are made public. This to renders populist, discriminatory and divisive narratives obsolete and deepens the penetration of democracy into our communities. Then, as a Nation, we can effectively attend to the growing demands of our marginalised communities through a well-organised support network.
#CAPNamibia is a #citizenaction project engaging citizens to advocate for
- community wealth buidling for an inclusive, sustainable economy
- a Right To Know mindset and culture in Namibia
- free and easy access to information (ATI) to all public information
- support to all organisations calling for an independent, pluralistic, and free press
- media and information literacy for all Namibians
- public service leadership based on accountability and experience and committment, not position
- full and publicly accessible asset declarations of all Public Servants
- proactive monitoring of declarations and effective sanctions for non-compliance
- open governance policies throughout the Namibian Public Service
- better public communication
- better public communication flow at regional citizen engagement level
- the rights of individuals
- total citizen engagement in the democratic election process
- a clean environment and a stronger democratic process based on, innovation, equity, accountability, transparency, inclusiveness and public participation in policy-making through eCommunication, Social media, eLearning, eCommerce and eGovernment.
Note: OPEN GOVERNANCE
Open governance is a concept that moves beyond the traditional notion of government and describes the relationships between leaders, public institutions and citizens, their interaction and decision-making processes.
Open governance is comprised of three main elements – rights, institutions and policies, and tools, and outlines:
- technology & innovation,
- citizen engagement and participation
- and transparency
as the key components of open governance.